miriad

Tall Girls Have Short Memories

Aspiring Author Who Loves Books, Writes About Books, and Tells the Truth As She Sees It (From Way Up Here)

A Game of Thrones
Born To Darkness
Suzanne Brockmann
Size 12 and Ready to Rock
Meg Cabot
Money, A Love Story: Untangling Your Finances, Creating the Life You Really Want, and Living Your Purpose
Kate Northrup
Backwoods Asylum - Megan Derr I wasn't sure what to think when I saw that the main shifter was a snake shifter but I really liked Sky. I found his circumstance- living as a snake only for the first 12 years of his life- to be really interesting, and to be adopted and loved for the rest of his life to be so heartwarming.It was nice to read a book where there was trauma, yes, in the main character's life, but that he had such a strong, positive life with his adoptive parents after that was wonderful to read.I loved that Sky had such a strong, loving connection with the wolves from the beginning and that there was never a question that they should be with him, or that he was a kind soul, and a caretaker.I agree with a number of other reviewers that the connection between Sky and the baby wolves feels like a much stronger on than that of Sky and Brady. Based off of the first phone call that Sky makes to Brady (and yeah, I do recall that it was at 5am), Brady does appear to be that guy that Sky thinks he is- someone who hates Sky.So when he shows up and is all lovey-dovey so quickly, it doesn't feel particularly natural and feels somewhat author intrusive-y, if that's even a word.That's not to say that I don't LIKE them together, because I do, but it feels very... convenient. I think I might not feel that so strongly if we got any of the story from Brady's POV but we only really get his side of things through what he tells Sky. I know that this is a short story and there wasn't really a lot of time to see his side of the story, but I think I would have been more invested in the "falling in love" part of the story if we'd seen both sides of it.I was really happy to see that Sky was reunited with the babies at the end of the story, and that the other wolves really saw the value of having Sky as the parent of those babies, even if he wasn't a wolf shifter. That made me happier than anything else.I was a little disappointed that we didn't get any sexy times and that this was a bit of a "closed door" kind of book, although I did understand, as it was a sweet book, more than a sexy book, but I was still a little disappointed.In the end, however, I did really enjoy it and would love to read more in this universe, especially a few years down the road when Sky and Brady have settled in and they've got their big family all together in one house, living as one. That would be super fun to read. *hint hint*