miriad

Tall Girls Have Short Memories

Aspiring Author Who Loves Books, Writes About Books, and Tells the Truth As She Sees It (From Way Up Here)

A Game of Thrones
Born To Darkness
Suzanne Brockmann
Size 12 and Ready to Rock
Meg Cabot
Money, A Love Story: Untangling Your Finances, Creating the Life You Really Want, and Living Your Purpose
Kate Northrup

Heartsick (Sheridan and Lowell Series #1)

Heartsick (Archie Sheridan & Gretchen Lowell) - Chelsea Cain I love a broken hero. The more broken, the better. And Archie is BROKEN. I liked how dark this story was, how willing the author was to hurt her lead character and really show the dark side of both the tormentor and the victim.My only quibble is with the ending. So, the guy who sleeps with Susan as a teenager and is killing teenage girls who remind him of her was ALSO there when Gretchen kidnapped Archie and helped torture him? Why? Why did it need to be that way?I really liked that there didn't seem to be a connection between the two killers. It pushed me over the edge, believability wise, when there was a strong connection. That Susan and Archie were both victims of the same man, in a way, felt like a weak twist that wasn't necessary. It felt tacked on, almost, even though I know that Cain did try to set it up earlier in the book.I don't know- I loved Archie and I loved how well Cain wrote him. I am not a fan of Gretchen as a character. I just don't like her. I know that people find her fascinating but she just creeps me out and pisses me off. A good reaction to have re: a character, esp. one who is a serial killer, but I am not looking forward to her involvement in this series moving forward. I am hoping that she doesn't stick around for too terribly long but I get the feeling that Cain loves her evil creation much more than I do, so we'll prob. be dealing with Gretchen well into the life of the series.Again, I did love this book. I couldn't put it down and I was dying to know how it was going to end. Already started on book two, can't wait to see what kind of spin it gets.